Connecting sonos with miccus RTX and Taotronics

mkuhn1230

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
I recently got a sonos connect and a connect amp and planned on using SoundAppeal outdoor wireless speakers. To make the connections I intended to use the miccus RTX and the taotronics 2in1 adapter.

I hooked a standard speaker to the sonos and it worked fine, was also able to control it with my iPhone. Today I hooked a powered wireless speaker directly to the sonos and had no joy... no audio at all, no matter what connection I tried.
The wireless speakers are also controlled thru my phone.

Can someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong or if I need to ditch some aspect of this ‘system’ before I throw it off the deck?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

mk

Solution
I am trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish here.
Using a Connect and ConnectAmp does what for you. Are you setting up two zones? Does one zone have passive speakers wired to the Connect Amp?
You still have to run 12v power supply wire to one of those speakers and speaker wire from the active to the passive speaker. So you aren't really wireless.
Sonos expects you to position the ConnectAmp so it's easy to get speaker wire to passive outdoor speakers. It will sound better and play louder. Much less complicated and more reliable operation.
You tried to connect a "wireless powered speaker" directly to the Sonos Connect? The speakers you link to don't have an aux line level input so how can you connect them directly? The...
I am trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish here.
Using a Connect and ConnectAmp does what for you. Are you setting up two zones? Does one zone have passive speakers wired to the Connect Amp?
You still have to run 12v power supply wire to one of those speakers and speaker wire from the active to the passive speaker. So you aren't really wireless.
Sonos expects you to position the ConnectAmp so it's easy to get speaker wire to passive outdoor speakers. It will sound better and play louder. Much less complicated and more reliable operation.
You tried to connect a "wireless powered speaker" directly to the Sonos Connect? The speakers you link to don't have an aux line level input so how can you connect them directly? The line level out of the Connect should be controlled by the Sonos app but if there is volume control on the speakers that would affect the volume too.
I don't think you can control volume from the source via bluetooth. It does that from the receiving device so the volume on the Sonos app won't work.

Solution

mkuhn1230

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017

mkuhn1230

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
t this point its more headache than its worth... and now the L channel isnt working so i am sending ALL of this shit back and having someone put one together FOR me

thanks for your response and taking the time to do so... i appreciate your efforts