connecting STB to pc monotor

Apr 9, 2018
Hi, i have HD videocon Set Top Box and LG Monitor with VGA port. I have HD to VGA adapter. I have connected the adapter to monitor but it is not getting started. The message on the screen is "Power Saving Mode"and monitor disconnects. What to do??

Solution
The "HD to VGA adapter" is an active HDMI to VGA plus audio adapter? A passive cable won't work. If the set top box doesn't have an active audio output when the HDMI is being used you need the adapter to extract audio from the HDMI output as well as to convert it to analog VGA. If the video resolution of the set top box isn't compatible with the monitor you may need the adapter to scale the video to match its resolution.
The "HD to VGA adapter" is an active HDMI to VGA plus audio adapter? A passive cable won't work. If the set top box doesn't have an active audio output when the HDMI is being used you need the adapter to extract audio from the HDMI output as well as to convert it to analog VGA. If the video resolution of the set top box isn't compatible with the monitor you may need the adapter to scale the video to match its resolution.

Solution