Connecting to projector via ARC through Sony Sounbar

itsk41s3r

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
Hi!

I am having a problem with my Sony HT-C370's Soundbar's ARC feature. Right now I have my laptop connected to the input of the soundbar and the soundbar's output connected to my projector's input and it works perfectly. I get sound on the soundbar and a picture on my projection screen. However, if I move the HDMI cord from my laptop to my XBOX one or Cable Box using the same connection scheme described above, I get sound on the soundbar, but NOTHING on the projector. I have used the cords to connect the XBOX one and Cable box directly to the projector and it works so I know there isn't a problem with my HDMI cords or either of the objects I am trying to connect. The problem is my projector does not have a sound output so in order to connect to both I have to connect via ARC through my soundbar.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

You are not connecting through ARC (that is an audio input through the output connection going to the projector) so try turning it off.
Try a different HDMI cable going from the cable box to the soundbar.
If that doesn't help you could try an HDMI switcher with digital audio extraction to connect to the optical input on the soundbar.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=5557&kpid=105557&gclid=CPPY2sLnwcYCFYIXHwodhY0FTw

Solution