Solved! Connecting TV, DVD, Cable Box to a Soundbar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2018
I am trying to connect a Samsung UN65ES 8000FXZA TV, a Blu Ray DVD Player BD-E6500, and my Spectrum cable box to an LG Wi-Fi Sound Bar Model SKC9. The TV/Cable lash up works fine as I have both picture and sound. I have connected something wrong when introducing the Blu Ray DVD Player as I get picture but no sound when trying to play a DVD. I suspect my error is in connecting the DVD player to the sound bar. I am hopeful you can walk me thru setting up my system with HDMI and fiber optical cables. Thanks

Solution
The cable box connects to a non ARC HDMI input of the TV. The BD player connects to the HDMI input of the soundbar. The HDMI output of the soundbar connects to the HDMI-ARC input of the TV.
The only way to get lossless audio like Dolby TrueHD and Atmos is to have the BD player connected directly to the soundbar with HDMI. The TV audio output (ARC or optical) won't support them.
You can use the HDMI-ARC input of the TV to the the soundbar HDMI output and avoid having to use an optical cable too.
To watch cable select the HDMI input you connected it to on the TV and ARC on the soundbar.
To watch BD select the HDMI-ARC input on the TV and the HDMI input on the soundbar.
The cable box connects to a non ARC HDMI input of the TV. The BD player connects to the HDMI input of the soundbar. The HDMI output of the soundbar connects to the HDMI-ARC input of the TV.
The only way to get lossless audio like Dolby TrueHD and Atmos is to have the BD player connected directly to the soundbar with HDMI. The TV audio output (ARC or optical) won't support them.
You can use the HDMI-ARC input of the TV to the the soundbar HDMI output and avoid having to use an optical cable too.
To watch cable select the HDMI input you connected it to on the TV and ARC on the soundbar.
To watch BD select the HDMI-ARC input on the TV and the HDMI input on the soundbar.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS