Solved! Connecting tv hdmi to device causes building wireing fault light to go out on surge protector and apc ups.

Aug 22, 2018
Ok i was trying to figure out why my building wiring fault light is on,i know. That the house we live in was made back in the 1950's and that some outlets were replaced with. With 3 prong recepticalls but never grounded by previous owners as my mom says that it would cost in the 1000's to rewire the whole house,which we don have so my mom got $100,000 insurance so that if the house burns down,and we lose everything well get it all back,what im trying figure out is why the surge protector ground fault light turns(i think grounded is green light on) off and the apc ups ground fault light turns red indicating(no red light means its grounded)its not grounded only when my hdmi cable for tv is not plugged into the hdmi port of any devices,does this indicate my outlet is not grounded like the others in the house?
If so what are some safe practices i can do to minimize damage to my equipment?

Solution
If you want to minimize damage, you need to ground the plugs. Insurance won't help you if you also burn down with the house if there is an electrical issue at night.
One of these
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Power-Gear-3-Wire-Receptacle-Tester-50542/206212329?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CG%7CBase%7CD27E%7C27-11_TOOLS_%26_ACCESSORIES%7CNA%7CPLA%7c71700000034238984%7c58700003943782712%7c92700031954542185&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI76mUs9GD3QIVUAOGCh0q7QqIEAQYASABEgKW8PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CKyHhrbRg90CFUkADAodpGYARg
will let you check the outlets. Sometimes one may be grounded without a wire intended to do so. Connecting the HDMI cable, which has a signal ground, may make that connection for the UPS. I don't like that because if there is a voltage that goes to ground it may also go over the HDMI cable and blow the HDMI board in the TV.

Aug 22, 2018
i do apolagize for not responding,after talking with the electrician that mom had him install additional receptacles in our kitchen 2 years ago, he said that the kitchen is grounded and the one plug im using for my entertainment/pc equipment was grounded at one point but he came out today and took a look at my rooms ground connection,a rat that had previously infested our attic that we got rid of last year had chewed through it,leaving it ungrounded,he told me that my surge protectors should provide basic protection from emf surge spikes as they have cb's but wont protect against an actual voltage surge that requires the ground and to power down all equipment and unplug both the regular surge protector and the apc ups backup when im at work and not at home where i cant access it,and to keep an eye on the weather if im going to be out of the house,and the same applies if im at the house and i know im gonna be home to powerdown and unplug everything at night as an aded precaution, we basically are stuck with the insurance paying for a new home as we cant afford a whole home rewire,which would cast after looking it up,50,000,not including tax which is wat the house cost,and the insurance is only for if we lose our house and belongings,also since the house was built back in the 1950's,it isnt required to be grounded by our counties electical code,we live in florida.
So my solution is basically to power off and any connected equipment and unplug the surge protector before any electrical storms and hope that we never have a major fire,we already have fire extinguishers in every room for electrical fires anyway,unless our roof gets struck by lightning like the house down the street did a month ago,thats all i can do to protect my equipment.