connecting vcr to tv and home theater

rickeets

Estimable
Apr 26, 2014
i have a LG 3d blu-ray/dvd theater set up with twin hd recorder/3d blu-ray combo. what i want to do is add my vcr to my home theater set up.
all i have left at back of tv is red yellow and white cable input.
i've connected the cable to tv and to vcr everything works ok except i don't get sound or
picture.rewinds,stops,fast fowards work ok.do i still need to use another coaxial cable

Solution
The yellow connection is for video, the red and white for audio. You will need all three to get picture and sound. Make sure that you have connected them to the output of the VCR not the input. You will need to select the correct video input on the TV.. If the VCR is working correctly then when you hit play you should see the time readout change.
The yellow connection is for video, the red and white for audio. You will need all three to get picture and sound. Make sure that you have connected them to the output of the VCR not the input. You will need to select the correct video input on the TV.. If the VCR is working correctly then when you hit play you should see the time readout change.

Solution

rickeets

Estimable
Apr 26, 2014