Connecting your phone to your PC via WiFi router.

Syed Khaleeq

Estimable
Jul 5, 2014
I want to share some data from my windows pc to my mobile phone via wifi router so that I can access the data from my PC anywhere in my home on my Phone. I know how to create a home-group but is it possible to include my android mobile to an existing home-group? Or is there any way so that I can access shared data on my PC from my android device? Thanks.

Solution
Use airdroid.Install the app on your smartphone and open the airdroid webpage on your pc browser and transfer data between them through wifi.

real ace

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Use airdroid.Install the app on your smartphone and open the airdroid webpage on your pc browser and transfer data between them through wifi.

Solution

Guru_3

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015

Airdroid is paid application. Its free use is limited to few MB only. So please don't make much noise about Airdroid. It no solution.

EnricoD

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015

Agree! Airdroid is not the answer to the question. It must be possible to transfer data between devices over wifi!? I could do it with my DS (Synology). But that is not an answer either.

AashishBisht

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016

If you use an Android phone, install ES File Explorer. There could be other apps - ES Explorer is what I use and it is free.

Connect the phone to the internet through Wifi. Connect to the same network as your PC.

After installing ES File Explorer on your phone, open it. In the menu, go to LAN and press scan at the bottom. The result will show the ipaddress of your PC. Click on it, it will ask for a username and password (which will be the username and password of your PC). Once done, you will be able to see all the files and folders that you have Shared on your computer.

Eric_87

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
You do know every android phone REQUIRES a gmail account which has a cloud for file saving. Google Drive. Everyone has free protected space there. Unless your connection to internet is some problem, just WiFi computer and phone to the Google drive site. Fast free easy done.

gilcarrick

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
The way you described it, ES-File Explorer allows you to access the PC and resources you have shared from the phone. You can also access the phone from the PC by using the Remote Access option. It turns on an FTP server on the phone which you can access from the PC (or MAC) using an FTP client, I use Total Commander. Unfortunately FTP access won't let you view thumbnails. So I prefer using a USB connection which allows that, especially nice when working with pictures.

Parth4444

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
yes.... ES File explorer is best.. but you need to change little settings on your pc before do that....

you just need to share your particular drive of folder to public(everyone)..!!

and Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings--->> there turn and allow on every setting ....

and wollah... you are now good to go... :)

angmjo12

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
Call your server & they walk you thru' it. It uses your battery quick. It can be done. I have AT&T & I use my tablet off my Android Wi-Fi & currently figuring out the best way to set a router to it all w/a Digital Reflection.

Jul 5, 2018
Its very easy. No need of any additional tools. Here are the step.
1) make one of your folders or drives in your pc shared. I believe this is pretty straight forward.
2) connect your pc and android phone to the same wifi router.
3) open phone's file manager and check the network folder. Your shared folder will be there

Dec 25, 2018

On my Galaxy S8 the only preinstalled file manager is Samsung's "My Files", which DOES NOT have a network option.