Constant hissing and buzzing

imboringlycool

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
Hello all,

So I bought a new computer recently. I have 2 yamaha studio monitors hooked up to its 3.5mm port. Previously they were hooked up to my laptop. Occasionally they would crackle alittle bit and then stop, or I would wiggle the chord a bit and it would stop. When I have my headphones plugged into the computer, it sounds fine.

So the problem I am having now, is that there is a cooonstant high pitched hiss/and fuzz coming from the speakers, the left one in particular. And oddly enough, when I use mouse wheel to scrol up and down, it buzzes when I do that. This has been driving me nuts and makes me not want to use the computer, If anyone could offer a solution, I would be most grateful!

Solution
Looks like thats your only port. No way to ground it that I know of since it has to do with the built in audio components not having a good ground to the motherboard. Higher quality motherboards tend not to have this problem. A good work around I came up with when dealing with budget oriented motherboards was to use a USB soundcard.

LilDog1291

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Sounds to me that the audio port isn't grounded properly so you are picking up interference from other components in the computer. Unless there is another 3.5mm port on the computer then you are pretty much stuck with the hissing unless you can find another interface.

imboringlycool

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
20170524_122912.jpg

This is the back of my computer.. See any alternatives? Also, any way to ground it?

LilDog1291

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Looks like thats your only port. No way to ground it that I know of since it has to do with the built in audio components not having a good ground to the motherboard. Higher quality motherboards tend not to have this problem. A good work around I came up with when dealing with budget oriented motherboards was to use a USB soundcard.

Solution