Constantly restarting Asus laptop

G

I am currently suffering from a problem with my Asus laptop. I turn it on, and the Asus startup screen comes up. However, the startup screen goes away after five seconds and comes back again. This would repeat endlessly unless I turn the laptop off. I have been on Google looking for solutions, and none of them work so far. I tried going into Safe Mode by pressing F8, F9, and whatever key the solutions mentioned. I also tried the solutions that mentioned Alt+F2 or F2 in order to access the BIOS menu. Although I managed to access the BIOS menu, I did the next steps of each of the solutions, and when I saved changes and exited the BIOS menu, my laptop went back to restarting endlessly. Can anyone that sees this thread please offer me some ideas to solve this problem? I have been looking for hours to solve this problem, and the problem is becoming increasingly frustrating.

G

Seriously? I use this computer for only a few months. I cannot imagine that the hard drive or WIndows would be screwed up already. I think it is a malware or virus problem.

ffg7

Splendid
seriously. a customer bought a laptop in the spring of 2011 from staples. hard drive crapped out in early summer 2011 & as she did not buy the extended warranty she had to buy a new hard drive so I can load windows on. the original hard drive was made in December 2010.

G

Okay, I believe you. If my computer is infected with a piece of malware or a virus that makes my computer restart endlessly, do you know any solution that will solve the problem?

ffg7

Splendid
is that laptop still under warranty? me, I would take the drive out of the laptop & either connect it using an usb drive enclosure or connect the drive to a sata port on a desktop computer. do a scandisk to check if the drive is good before running ant-virus & anti-malware programs on it.

G

I apologize for not replying after a while. I have been quite busy lately. I took out the drive from my laptop and plugged it into another computer. There are no problems with the drive.