Constantly restarting Asus laptop

G

I am currently suffering from a problem with my Asus laptop. I turn it on, and the Asus startup screen comes up. However, the startup screen goes away after five seconds and comes back again. This would repeat endlessly unless I turn the laptop off. I have been on Google looking for solutions, and none of them work so far. I tried going into Safe Mode by pressing F8, F9, and whatever key the solutions mentioned. I also tried the solutions that mentioned Alt+F2 or F2 in order to access the BIOS menu. Although I managed to access the BIOS menu, I did the next steps of each of the solutions, and when I saved changes and exited the BIOS menu, my laptop went back to restarting endlessly. Can anyone that sees this thread please offer me some ideas to solve this problem? I have been looking for hours to solve this problem, and the problem is becoming increasingly frustrating.

G

Seriously? I use this computer for only a few months. I cannot imagine that the hard drive or WIndows would be screwed up already. I think it is a malware or virus problem.

ffg7

Honorable
seriously. a customer bought a laptop in the spring of 2011 from staples. hard drive crapped out in early summer 2011 & as she did not buy the extended warranty she had to buy a new hard drive so I can load windows on. the original hard drive was made in December 2010.

G

Okay, I believe you. If my computer is infected with a piece of malware or a virus that makes my computer restart endlessly, do you know any solution that will solve the problem?

ffg7

Honorable
is that laptop still under warranty? me, I would take the drive out of the laptop & either connect it using an usb drive enclosure or connect the drive to a sata port on a desktop computer. do a scandisk to check if the drive is good before running ant-virus & anti-malware programs on it.

G

The warranty of the laptop is expired. I will attempt to do what you suggested.

G

I apologize for not replying after a while. I have been quite busy lately. I took out the drive from my laptop and plugged it into another computer. There are no problems with the drive.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kittychloe Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 15
T Laptop Tech Support 5
stefanpruneanu Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 2
VirusWar Laptop Tech Support 7