Consumer Reports: AT&T Has the Most Unhappy Customers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gus1991

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
[citation][nom]xX_PEMDAS_Xx[/nom]I hate At&t they lie about their internet speeds.[/citation]

Haha, yeah dude their totally lying to me.. they were like dude LTE is super fast and im only getting 20mbps download speed. It's bull.

jl0329

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
AT&T was fine when I was in LA, but since I moved to NYC, it's a nightmare. The internet speed is like a 28.8k dial up. Dead spots everywhere in the city. Sometimes it took me 2 min. to check the weather on my iphone.

I hate AT&T!

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Is there an AT&T PR person or fanatic on here? Some negative comments about AT&T are getting thumbed-down.

Additionally, the title should be:
"AT&T [Still] Has the Most Unhappy Customers"

greenrider02

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
[citation][nom]ravewulf[/nom]Is there an AT&T PR person or fanatic on here? Some negative comments about AT&T are getting thumbed-down.Additionally, the title should be:"AT&T [Still] Has the Most Unhappy Customers"[/citation]

Dang you beat me to it!

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I've never had a problem with ATT. When my Samsung Focus got ruined by my Xbox (shorted power fried the network device) ATT promptly replaced it. The support reps I was in contact with were perfectly fine. The pricing for family talk plans are relatively reasonable, especially compared to other companies, and if you honestly don't like paying for early termination fees, don't sign the freaking CONTRACT.

Why do you think its called a contract if it isn't holding EVERYBODY involved to a set of terms. ATT provides service and you agree not to terminate early. Contracts are not one way.

If you lack the patience to wait for your contract to be up or if you absolutely have to have the latest and greatest gadget then you are responsible for the consequences, not ATT.

My 3G is pretty spotty and slow where I live because we only have one or two towers dedicated to providing it in the entire area. Whenever I go down to LA, San Francisco, or any other major city it blazes. So if you are suffering from poor signal maybe it isn't the network. Maybe it's the device, or the way you are holding it (for iPhone 4 users and everyone else; my sony ericsson phone would drop calls if I covered a section of it with my hand).

Understand cause and effect enough to troubleshoot your own problems before you cry foul about a Carrier.

greenrider02

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
[citation][nom]guardianangel42[/nom]I've never had a problem with ATT. When my Samsung Focus got ruined by my Xbox (shorted power fried the network device) ATT promptly replaced it. The support reps I was in contact with were perfectly fine. The pricing for family talk plans are relatively reasonable, especially compared to other companies, and if you honestly don't like paying for early termination fees, don't sign the freaking CONTRACT.Why do you think its called a contract if it isn't holding EVERYBODY involved to a set of terms. ATT provides service and you agree not to terminate early. Contracts are not one way.If you lack the patience to wait for your contract to be up or if you absolutely have to have the latest and greatest gadget then you are responsible for the consequences, not ATT. My 3G is pretty spotty and slow where I live because we only have one or two towers dedicated to providing it in the entire area. Whenever I go down to LA, San Francisco, or any other major city it blazes. So if you are suffering from poor signal maybe it isn't the network. Maybe it's the device, or the way you are holding it (for iPhone 4 users and everyone else; my sony ericsson phone would drop calls if I covered a section of it with my hand).Understand cause and effect enough to troubleshoot your own problems before you cry foul about a Carrier.[/citation]

HAHAHAHA, you live in this little dream world where telcom companies live up to their side of the contract! You've heard of 4G? Did you know it's an established standard that actually dictates a connection of 100mbps? When they say "up to 4G speeds," that means they reached that speed in a lab test and you can never expect it in real life.

Is that living up to their side of the contract? What are your thoughts on hidden fees? Do those seem fair?

Most carriers are guilty of these things... AT&T is just the worst among them.

StitchExperiment626

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Sprint is doing BREACH OF CONTRACT. To have a unlimited wifi hotspot was $44. They have now capped it at 3 gigs for $44 and the largest plan is $79 plan for 12 gigs. So if you had $44 plan and did 20 gigs of download the cost would be $500.00 additional.
Now if you tried to break a contract they would have a hissie fit. But for them to change the contract is OK.
They put the notice on the back side of a page of a bill of 6 pages long two months earlier. No email or seperate letter.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Everyone I know who has AT&T hates the service, but loves their iPhones. I love my Verizon service and my Samsung "4G" LTE phone (except for the shorter battery life). I often connect at over 20 mbps download and 5-10 mbps upload. I often use the hotspot to connect my laptop. I laugh at iPhone 4 users who can't do that even if they had a hotspot feature, cause they either
1. Have shit for data signal / connection speed
2. Constantly drop their data connection
3. Constantly drop calls

I have none of those problems. LOL @ AT&T

zodiac321

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
@stitchexperiment626

Why did you actually get the unlimited wifi hotspot in the first place? I rooted my Evo Shift, and use Cyanogenmod's WiFi Hotspot feature all the time. I download about 10 GB a month, and i get no complaints from them. Even better, the store salesman told me to root my phone and get it for free, as it costs less.

On another note, I live in NYC, and I get about 10 mbps download/1.5 mpbs upload over 4G, and about 2 mpbs download/1 mpbs upload over 3G. I downloaded movies straight to my phone and gamed over it with my PC. i don't see Verizon customers doing that

Also, if you own a Sprint 4G phone, that means you have Roaming for free, or basically it uses the minuted you have regularly. The only limit is the Data, which is capped at 5 GB, which is still acceptable when your not in their service area.

G

I use Boost Mobile. Sprint owns them, and I have no complaints at all. Great service, reasonably priced.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]I'm laughing at you and have a much better setup, with AT&T and never had issues.[/citation]
I laugh at your lemming attitude. Let me know in 20 years when or if AT&T ever catches up to Verizon's service. Right now, I get over 20 mbps download speed and 5-10 mbps upload speed. AT&T's supposed "4G" HSPA service can't even muster a pathetic 5 mbps.

But I'm glad you're satisfied with horrible service and quality. Please stick with your worthless AT&T, and leave the rest of us to enjoy our cellular service. LOL

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]greenrider02[/nom]AT&T is pretty awful as both an ISP and a Wireless provider. It's not just the fact that they never meet their advertised services, but also that the customer support is lacking in most social skills.I know a man that worked for a regional provider that was on Forbes list for highest satisfaction something like seven years running? A year after AT&T bought them, cut their budget, and replaced higher management, they were off the list and among the lowest in customer satisfaction rates.TL;DR He quit his job because he was embarrassed to work at a company so inept at serving its customer base...Don't get me started on the legalities of their contracts either.[/citation]

Ive got 24mb ATT UVerse service and I have no problem downloading at full speed.. Newsgroups are the only thing that can consistently hit that speed too. I know if Im going slower, its the place Im downloading from going slow, not me..

sugarloaf

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
If you take into consideration that ther is only serious nationwide, prepaid wireless provider in the country that proovides for seniors (tracfone's SVC brand), it's not surprising that the bigger carriers are scoring less brownie points with their subscribers - they're just not interested in going the extra mile for the ordinary smaller users - that's why tracfone has the senior market monopoly; they don't walk past the pennies, and they don't smirk at profit margins if they're small.

G

AT&T are scam artists. They lure you into a 2 year contact by giving you a free phone. Every phone my husband and I have had has not lasted 2 years. Right now we have 3 non working phones and cannot get out of the contract unless we pay $80 per phone. This should not be tolerated. Not one phone working. I bought an unlocked phone to get by until I could drop AT&T. IT worked for a few weeks but now It appears they have even sabotaged that. They told me there signal detects non AT&T phones and will stop transmitting to the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.