Consumer Watchdog Goes After iPad's 'Misleading' 4G Label

Status
Not open for further replies.

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Heck, AT&T calls HSPA+ 4G, I'm sure carriers in the UK or Australia could deceive customers that way like AT&T has since last summer.

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
"Confident that few people would ask for their money back"? Every single 4g ipad sold in those countries was a $130 scam. Probably not many people will ask because they don't know they can get a refund and Apple is taking advantage of that.

seels

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Either way, the iPad is a revolutionary, magical device way ahead of it's time, and the best tablet out there. My iPad, iPhone, and Mac's are all still going strong thanks to the best company in the world. Apple products can never be topped.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
"Legal representation for Apple said today that the company was confident few people would ask if they were buying it wrong."

Fixed...

rumandcoke

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
[citation][nom]seels[/nom]Either way, the iPad is a revolutionary, magical device way ahead of it's time, and the best tablet out there. My iPad, iPhone, and Mac's are all still going strong thanks to the best company in the world. Apple products can never be topped.[/citation]
[citation][nom]seels[/nom]Either way, the iPad is a revolutionary, magical device way ahead of it's time, and the best tablet out there. My iPad, iPhone, and Mac's are all still going strong thanks to the best company in the world. Apple products can never be topped.[/citation]
there you are again seels... another thread, another early post of apple fanboiism... either you are being paid by Toms to stir the pot, or you are being paid by apple to spam the internet with fanboiisms... which is it?

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Of course 4G in the USA is slower than the rest of the world. The USA is rapidly becoming a 3d world failed state and will join the rest of Latin America in abject failuredom.

RealityClash

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
[citation][nom]rumandcoke[/nom]there you are again seels... another thread, another early post of apple fanboiism... either you are being paid by Toms to stir the pot, or you are being paid by apple to spam the internet with fanboiisms... which is it?[/citation]

There seems to be a lot of people around here that don't understand sarcasm.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
^^magical what? ahead of it's time? apple used 300+ ppi and called it retina, hell there are other phones out there with 300+ ppi. apple is great in marketing i'd give you that.
they're also good with another thing, almost forgot, they're good at claiming they invented stuff.

apple products are good but they are too full of themselves

timbozero

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
The major issue with Apple products in the UK isn't the quality or the brand name nor is it the problem of the 4G debacle. The problem is that it sells here for £399 which is $637. How on Earth do Apple justify us paying an extra $138 for 'shipping and tax' ?
The EU Commission are sitting back and ignoring this yet they went after Microsoft for IE being the only browser in Windows ????

Kreth

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
How high is 4G(LTE not the crap your companies call 4G) in america really?
In sweden its up to 80Mbit/s but we usually get out around 40-50Mbit/s

a mobile connection 4g(LTE) with speeds up to 80( about 40-50) costs right now 499kr from Telia, which is about $75 a month you should know theres a limit of 30gb of data each month on that price.

Im just curious to compare how it is in America and Sweden

saturnus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
You see, while the 4G LTE networks in the United States run on the 700 - 2100MHz spectrum, not all of the world's 4G LTE networks run on the same bands

Can anyone tell me if there is any country except the USA and Canada than either use or plans to use the 700M-2.1GHz band? As far as I know the new iPad is basically a US/Canada device. In all or most other countries it only brings an improved screen as the only selling point. And even in the US/Canada 4G coverage is rather scarce outside the downtown of major cities.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]timbozero[/nom]The major issue with Apple products in the UK isn't the quality or the brand name nor is it the problem of the 4G debacle. The problem is that it sells here for £399 which is $637. How on Earth do Apple justify us paying an extra $138 for 'shipping and tax' ?[/citation]
You can be critical of Apple for many things, but you can't blame Apple for that one. To answer your own question, you need to compare tax rates between the US and UK. Once you have done that, you can yell at your own government for the absurdly high tax rates in the UK!

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
not to mention 4g networks aren't even available in most areas of america. i'm in San Diego, CA and we don't even have 4g.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
In contrast, if someone like Samsung were in this position, people on here would comment how ridiculous it is and that it's an international Apple conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.