contact management software?

houghteling

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
I work at a non-profit that uses Office 365 in conjunction with Outlook 2010.

The founder of my non-profit encountered Outlook 2010's limit on the number of contacts that can be in a distribution list. Initially, contacts added to larger lists were not saved to the list. Following Microsoft support's suggestion, we made much smaller lists. However, soon after the switch to smaller lists, when adding a contact to one of these smaller lists, he encountered the message,""This contact group contains more members than supported when using 2007 Microsoft Outlook Service Pack 1 or earlier.”

This error was the last straw for him and he asked me to search for a different solution rather than figure out why the message popped up. He ruled out using the online interface for Office 365 as well.

He has over 500 contacts in his address book and wishes to be able to email these people updates regarding new journal articles, events, awards, etc...

As such, I'm looking for recommendations for a solution to manage his contacts online in assorted distributions lists and to allow him to email these distribution lists from within OUtlook 2010. I envision his sending an email to researchers@ for all the contacts that are researchers or network@ for all his contacts. A listserv solution would likely work, but LSoft pricing is a bit high for this service. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Solution
I would rather suggest using "List server" for your mass-mailing than simple email client. That way your recipients can unsubscribe from future mailings instead of relying on your boss to take them off the distribution lists.

You could be banned by your ISP for spam generation if you send a single message to 500+ addresses.
I would rather suggest using "List server" for your mass-mailing than simple email client. That way your recipients can unsubscribe from future mailings instead of relying on your boss to take them off the distribution lists.

You could be banned by your ISP for spam generation if you send a single message to 500+ addresses.

Solution