Contacted sprint to unlock phone, is it really unlocked?

stormoverparis

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015
I am going abroad soon and need my phone sim unlocked.
I called sprint and they put me on an unlock list and told me all I need to do was backup and restore my phone.
Is that really it?
Will i be able to use a sim card from another country?

Solution
The issue is that you are using a Sprint phone with a T-Mobile sim. Neither company will work on fixing this very hard. T-Mobile will say it's not their phone but the SIM is good, Sprint will say the phone is good and the SIM is bad. Apple has pretty much nothing to do with this aside from making the hardware.

autumndaze23

Estimable
Jul 29, 2015
I was given an unlock code by sprint. when i put the tmobile sim card i got the error message stating that the sim card was invalid. Called sprint back and they will not give me instructions to unlock; they said tmobile should know how. i contact apple and they won't help either. very frustrated as I have paid this phone over many times.

The issue is that you are using a Sprint phone with a T-Mobile sim. Neither company will work on fixing this very hard. T-Mobile will say it's not their phone but the SIM is good, Sprint will say the phone is good and the SIM is bad. Apple has pretty much nothing to do with this aside from making the hardware.

Solution