Controller not Paring

optiprime360

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
I have a Levono Explorer. I tried pairing up with the bluetooth adapter since my MB doesn't have one. I tried to connect it so many times. From checking device manager to see if it's there so I can uninstall and try again and the windows bluetooth devicies. For sure it isn't in there cause I tried everything like pairing bluetooth with that and it gave me a "couldn't connect". I don't know what do to. Please help I want to play VR with my friends.

Solution
I would remove that driver, as I believe that is the one intended for XP/7/8. Remove the bluetooth dongle, restart your PC and then re-insert the unit. Let the Windows built in driver management do it's magic.

SirSub42

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
Any device connected to the computer should be listed in the device manager. This helps diagnose problems with drivers or if a particular unit is not functioning.
Start>run>devmgmt.msc . Take a screen shot if you can. I am assuming you meant the Lenovo device worked with your phone or you were able to connect your phone to your computer using the Bluetooth dongle?

optiprime360

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

Sorry, I meant the bluetooth USB adapter allowed my PC to pair with my phone properly. In device manager, I see the Lenovo Hololens, but I do not see the controllers listed anywhere. I unchecked hidden devices and checked USB, keyboard, display, and game controllers.
mmc_2018-01-20_22-07-32.png

optiprime360

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

Wait I didn't mean to do mark it as solution. I'm sorry. I tried looking for a way to attach a picture here but I can't.

SirSub42

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
Code:
 -     Insert 2 AA batteries into each controller. Don’t put the battery cover back on yet, though.
 -     Press and hold the Windows button for 2 seconds to turn on each controller. Once up and running, you’ll hear a buzz.
 -     Now it’s time to put the controllers in pairing mode. You can find the pairing button is inside the battery compartment. Press and hold it until the controller lights start flashing.
 -     Once done, power on your PC and navigate to Settings  > Devices, choose Bluetooth & other devices and then select Add Bluetooth or ‘Other device’  > Bluetooth.

Does this apply to your unit?

optiprime360

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

The second I hit "bluetooth".
https://imgur.com/a/RA1Lr

optiprime360

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

I'm not sure actually. These don't make sense since my phone was able to connect.
https://imgur.com/a/pkz4L
https://imgur.com/a/3GOc7

SirSub42

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
Faulty bluetooth driver perhaps?
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500004

Another crack at the same thing:
Code:
1. Open Device Manager
2. Locate Bluetooth
3. If you see a specific adapter such as "Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed Adapter" open its Properties, then Update Driver, Browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list, and pick "Generic Bluetooth Adapter".
4. Select OK whenever needed

If you still encounter issue go back to the Properties of the generic adapter and disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Power Management tab
Also still in the Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices, open the properties of the Bluetooth HID device, and disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Power Management

optiprime360

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

I went on the bluetooth site since I have the bt-ub40. The bottom says "
BT-UB40 - Windows Drivers (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 8)" So i assume this is an outdated one?
I did everything else you said but I got nothing. The bluetooth is up to date. I feel like it's the bluetooth adapter I got.

optiprime360

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

Since my desktop doesn't have a disc drive I downloaded the driver from the site. It being BT-UB40 of course.

SirSub42

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
I would remove that driver, as I believe that is the one intended for XP/7/8. Remove the bluetooth dongle, restart your PC and then re-insert the unit. Let the Windows built in driver management do it's magic.

Solution