Cop Emails Nude Pics to Drunk Driver; Busted

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Yup, the highlight of our society that gleams so bright sits behind a computer smashing police officers because one retard decided to try and take advantage of his power. Typical comments, didn't expect anything "intelligent" to be said here anyway.

pirateboy

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Yup, the highlight of our society that gleams so bright sits behind a computer smashing police officers because one retard decided to try and take advantage of his power. Typical comments, didn't expect anything "intelligent" to be said here anyway.[/citation]
^ ... he typed while chewing on a donut

pito

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
He really needs to get punish for being a dirty cop and an idiot. But please 20 years for this, He could get less for killing someone. Some punishment don't fit the crime. I know it says maximum, but still, I think thats crazy. Am I the only one that think that way?

G

The officer in question clearly abused his authority. Trying to defend *any* of his actions by suggesting she did something wrong (sending him a picture first) is simple misdirection. There are no entrapment laws anymore. Just like the police can put a high powered sports car on the freeway and entice people to race, then ticket and arrest them, even impound and seize their car. This cop was an idiot, not because he was a cop, but because he was a human. He made a mistake... Does he deserve prison rape? No. Should he keep his job? Absolutely not. Lets consider justice before condemnation eh?

G

For those with trouble with reading comprehension... The officer contacted her first with the offer for sex in exchange for a get out of jail free card. She was just the first one to email a nude photo, likely at the officers request.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Yup, the highlight of our society that gleams so bright sits behind a computer smashing police officers because one retard decided to try and take advantage of his power. Typical comments, didn't expect anything "intelligent" to be said here anyway.[/citation]

A police-pig wannabe comes to a technical site and doesn't expect anything of intelligence? Cops really are stupid.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]Chronicss[/nom]For those with trouble with reading comprehension... The officer contacted her first with the offer for sex in exchange for a get out of jail free card. She was just the first one to email a nude photo, likely at the officers request.[/citation]
Allegedly. It's his word against hers, and no one else can ever know for sure. I think she planned it out and took advantage of the situation.

fa_q2

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
[citation][nom]pito[/nom]He really needs to get punish for being a dirty cop and an idiot. But please 20 years for this, He could get less for killing someone. Some punishment don't fit the crime. I know it says maximum, but still, I think thats crazy. Am I the only one that think that way?[/citation]

20 years may be a little excessive but I am not that adverse to the maximum sentence. It is unlikely this was the first case and abuse of power should carry an insane sentence. These people are given godlike power over people and should be very harshly treated when that power is abused. I have seen/met many a crooked cop and there is nothing worse than the maniacal hunger for power some of these guys have. It gives the entire police force a very bad name and hurts the entire systems ability to enforce the law. Let him burn – no cop should be allowed to abuse their power.

[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]Allegedly. It's his word against hers, and no one else can ever know for sure. I think she planned it out and took advantage of the situation.[/citation]

It is alleged because he has not been convicted yet. If he used his work email then there is the evidence, everything is recorded somewhere. I don’t care if she planned it I am happy he was caught. I would almost applaud her if it was planned, but not quite :)

Repelsteeltje

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
If she sent a naked picture of herself first, that makes the whole thing a bit more murky. Granted, a cop should have integrity, but it's f'ing lame to send a guy a naked picture and then have him get caught for being a pervert.

joesapp37

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
It makes me angry to hear about authorities abusing their power. Cops are never above the law... they need to be put on check.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]Repelsteeltje[/nom]If she sent a naked picture of herself first, that makes the whole thing a bit more murky. Granted, a cop should have integrity, but it's f'ing lame to send a guy a naked picture and then have him get caught for being a pervert.[/citation]
[citation][nom]Repelsteeltje[/nom]If she sent a naked picture of herself first, that makes the whole thing a bit more murky. Granted, a cop should have integrity, but it's f'ing lame to send a guy a naked picture and then have him get caught for being a pervert.[/citation]

Read the story, please. He contacted her first, not the other way around. She admitted she went along with it at first, but then thought better of the situation.

Either way, he is the one abusing power. I don't care if she lured him into it or not, he was the one with the power to abuse, not her. Him or her asking for sex, or asking for a date or whatever is not the problem here. Him (being a police officer) offering to help her get out of legal troubles in exchange for anything is the crime, not solicitation of sex. He was willing to do it. If he's willing to do it for her, who is to say he wouldn't do it again or hasn't done it before?

It doesn't matter what part she played in it, what matters is that he offered, period.

nelson_nel

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
not only crooked cop, but she baited him just as well. she was probably gonna tie up the ends herself then realized it was worth way more than getting out of a charge. the moral of the story is all parties involved are worthless. move on.

jonathan1683

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
That is awesome I wish more girls did this. A co-worker of mine told me her and her friends were pulled over in high school and her skank friend offered to blow the cop just to get out of a speeding ticket which he gladly accepted and did while being watched from another car full of underage girls. I wish girls tried to bait them all the time so this type of sh*t would not be happening. Touche girl!

Just to change the subject: The FBI is claiming that it's a federal case because the data crossed state lines? That would probably give them jurisdiction over every byte on the internet. Much as I approve of the FBI, I don't like that precedent at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.