copying from one sd card to another on a desktop computer

liz4musik

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
after using ClintonMezsAnglin
process it asks me if I want to overwrite D:/system volume information\indexedvolumeguide what should I do. Appreciate any help

Solution
Well actually you shouldn't need anything extra to move stuff from one SD card to another via computer. No bells and whistles or extra programs. It is extremely simple.

You just have to leave the SD card in its device, connect the device to the computer via USB and move or copy the contents of the card, while in the device, over to a folder on the computer (just create a folder for this only).

Once it is on the computer, you just need to do the same with the card you want to put the data on. Make sure it is in its device, connect the device to the computer via USB and copy the data over to the new card in the device.

Nothing else needed.

liz4musik

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from liz4musik : "Copying from a sd card to a new one"

ClintonMezsAnglin
i did what you posted. At the end it asked me if i wanted to overwrite the system volume informatio/ indexed volume guide. what should I do?

Well actually you shouldn't need anything extra to move stuff from one SD card to another via computer. No bells and whistles or extra programs. It is extremely simple.

You just have to leave the SD card in its device, connect the device to the computer via USB and move or copy the contents of the card, while in the device, over to a folder on the computer (just create a folder for this only).

Once it is on the computer, you just need to do the same with the card you want to put the data on. Make sure it is in its device, connect the device to the computer via USB and copy the data over to the new card in the device.

Nothing else needed.

Solution