core prime charging issue

bexi1984

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
my samsung galaxy core prime will only charge if powered off, it doesn't indicate that its charging just vibrates every few seconds, I've tried different chargers and tried connecting it to my pc (pc doesnt even detect it) i cant see any debris in the charge port.
could this be a battery problem? or hardware/software issues?
thanks in advance

Solution
It could be one or the other, or even both (battery and software). However, it sounds like a battery issue. I would suggest replacing the battery first, and see if this resolves the problem.

You might also want to make sure nothing on the phone is seriously draining the battery or causing the restriction of not charging while on. Once you have the new battery in and good and charge, I would suggest figuring out which apps are constantly running and draining the battery. As this will continue to be a strain on the new battery as well. Remember just because you stop using an app (at a particular moment) does not mean it isn't running in the background, draining the battery and using up resources.
It could be one or the other, or even both (battery and software). However, it sounds like a battery issue. I would suggest replacing the battery first, and see if this resolves the problem.

You might also want to make sure nothing on the phone is seriously draining the battery or causing the restriction of not charging while on. Once you have the new battery in and good and charge, I would suggest figuring out which apps are constantly running and draining the battery. As this will continue to be a strain on the new battery as well. Remember just because you stop using an app (at a particular moment) does not mean it isn't running in the background, draining the battery and using up resources.

Solution

bexi1984

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016

bexi1984

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
I have done a factory reset so currently have no extra apps on the phone, I thought along the same lines as you I could have a power draining app on there but it made no difference, have ordered a new battery today so fingers crossed that works! Thanks for your reply I appreciate it :)