Correct Memory placement

May 29, 2018
I just bought a toshiba qosmio x875-q7380 and it has been taken apart and I am wondering if the memory and hard drives have to be installed in any specific slot or does it matter

jaydax

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016
Memory expansion is best done with matched pairs. Slot makes no difference.but use two adjacent slots.
Hard drives can be installed in any slot

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 0
Hacknique Laptop Tech Support 9
T Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 5
L Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 2
7 Laptop Tech Support 10
A Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 3
V Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 4
R Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 4
Similar threads
Question Asus ROG Gaming GL502VS MB Repair help locating correct 3A ferrite bead?
Question Wifi doesnt work correctly (Dell Inspiron 7348)
Question What is the CORRECT connector wire count and color sequence of wires for the AC14B8K and AC14B3K battery packs?
Question Your computer appears to be configured correctly but the device, or resource (dns server) is not responding.
Question asus will not reboot with a disc and bios have been changed correctly :(
Solved! I was using a patch together power cord I hooked wires backwards computer shut off.so I hooked them up correctly and powered u
How to set up hard drive replacement correctly.
i have a 14.4v battery in my hp compaq laptop, what is the correct power adapter to use. please i need to know
Keyboard dysfunctional - Keeps spamming letters/Not working correctly
when I am open any app or software my laptop says that the application was unable to start correctly(0x0000005).click ok to cl
Need correct boot sequence fell 6400
Asus Laptop Keyboard pressing own keys and not typing the correct letter
HP Envy 15t-ae100 - charging light is off and charger outputs correct voltage (19.5V is kept even with a load )
Formatting Drive Correctly
Using Windows 10, when I press the pound key a hash appears - how do I correct this?
Toshiba satellite C55 a won't connect with Wi-Fi at home but will work at Starbucks. Security ID is correct went through all t
HP Pavilion new hard drive won't run correctly.
my @ key wont do the @ it will only do '. how do I correct it
Bought the MSI (Micro Star) GE72 6QD Apache Pro, Is this the correct RAM to buy if I want to upgrade?
I bought this MSI laptop for Christmas and need help finding out the correct RAM to buy for it?

ASK THE COMMUNITY