Corsair HS40 Vs. Logitech G230

M4ACKKY

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
The title folks... the title.

I'm on a budget and can't go any further since they're both at a price range of 40$-50$

Can't really decide which one to get :/

Solution
Yea for the Logitech I'm not sure how much the improved Mic would help.

For the Corsair, its not so good that you can hear a pin drop. I've only used the mic a few times and those times people heard me fine without problem. My brother pretty much wears the thing all day every day now and he chats with people on skype, while playing games with it on or he plays games with online chatting systems and uses it to chat constantly. I've asked him before when I was writing a review for it I asked him and he said everyone hears him really well and easily, but didn't give me more details.

Long story short, I think the Logitech probably picks up your voice when speaking a lot quieter but the Corsair hears you when speaking in a normal volume...

IInuyasha74

Honorable
Hello, well I looked up the specs of the two and they are really similar in terms of the speakers. The microphone in the Logitech is reported to go up to 20Khz, while the Corsair headset tops out at 10Khz.

Though I would go with the Corsair personally. When the Corsair HS40 came out, I was given a free one to review. I personally love it, and I would honestly use it often but I let my borrow it once and now I can't get it back from him. Every time I take it for an hour, first time I leave the room he sneaks in and takes it back lol.

Anyways to me the Corsair looks better, and I can tell you from personal use its incredibly comfortable. I also own a Turtle Beach x42 headset and the Corsair is a lot more comfortable to wear, and it doesn't matter how long you wear it it stays comfortable. The sound cancellation is excellent also. When wearing it without any music playing it normally blocks out all other sounds and you can't hear people speaking unless they speak considerably louder. With music playing, short of a gun shot going off beside you or a train, I don't think you will hear anything.

M4ACKKY

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
Yeah i like the way the HS40 is made, in terms of the looks and the sound quality... i actually looked into all the reviews on youtube about both headsets and honestly i really wanna get the HS40... just wanted to make sure if i'm missing anything before spending money on it.

Do you know any more about the mic? does your voice come out clear to others when you speak into it? or does it go very loud and rough?

IInuyasha74

Honorable
Yea for the Logitech I'm not sure how much the improved Mic would help.

For the Corsair, its not so good that you can hear a pin drop. I've only used the mic a few times and those times people heard me fine without problem. My brother pretty much wears the thing all day every day now and he chats with people on skype, while playing games with it on or he plays games with online chatting systems and uses it to chat constantly. I've asked him before when I was writing a review for it I asked him and he said everyone hears him really well and easily, but didn't give me more details.

Long story short, I think the Logitech probably picks up your voice when speaking a lot quieter but the Corsair hears you when speaking in a normal volume anyways so I don't think it matters.

Solution

IInuyasha74

Honorable
Hey wanted to come back real quick, my brother came out of his room for a coffee break and we talked for a minute about the headset. Apparently the microphone works better than I thought even. He said he speaks quietly and it picks him up perfectly, sometimes so well that who he is talking to has to adjust their volume down because its too loud. The microphone is of course adjustable on your end also. So it picks up voices excellent too.

Thought you would like to know :)

M4ACKKY

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
lol right that was making me a bit uncomfortable since all i care about is the mic quality.

But as long as the sound quality is decent, gaming and music... then this is the right headset for me!

thanks again :D