Corsair RGB void headset no Audio/mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austen_5

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017
I just purchased the Corsair VOID RGB wired headset, I plug it into my computer and the headset recieves power, beeps and it even shows up in device manager, my volume mixer as recording and a playback device. Ive downloaded all drives and external corsair software, but no matter what I do I cannot get the audio to play through the headset, or the mic to record any sound. Ive disabled all other playback devices, attempted to set the headset as default. Un-installed and re-installed device drivers, Disabled Realtek Audio, troubleshooted audio problems but nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong? Ive had a headset before that uses the audio jacks and Ive had no problem. This new headset uses a USB instead of audio jacks. Could that possibly be an issue? Thats what I fear.
GPU : AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series
CPU : AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
Memory : 16.00 GB RAM (15.90 GB usable)
Current resolution : 1920 × 1080, 60 Hz; 1360 × 768, 60 Hz; 1280 × 1024, 60 Hz
Operating system : Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Edit: I forgot to mention that the headset is listed in the playback devices but it does say " Default Communications device"

TemplarBlood

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
does the headset have independant volume? like control on the set itself? just covering bases on that

does the pc register that sound is playing? or does pc slow down?

what are your device settings in the properties menu?

NaiBro

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
I have the same problem, I have tried everything to get it to work but the sound doesn't play out of the headphones. When I plug in the usb I hear a total of 5 beeps coming from the headphones, but when I try to play a game, run youtube, or do anything else, the sound comes through my speakers, not my headset. If I don't find a solution soon, I will return my headset, does anyone know how to fix this?

outl4nd3r2

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
I had the same problem. the solution I found, was to select a different audio in. don't use the microphone on the headset. as soon as I select my webcam to be my microphone I get sound from the headset.

ritaswanger

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
open control panel,
select manage audio devices, playback tab,
scroll down to get headset selection

corsair void rgb usb gaming headset is mine,
right click and
set as default device.

Status
Not open for further replies.