Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset, no sound unless wire pushed in

InfinityBlaze

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Today when I turned on my computer, i noticed that the sound coming from my headset sounded quiet, muffled, and static. I tried swapping USB ports, reinstalling drivers, and restarting my computer. When none of the above worked, I discovered that I had to push in the USB cable into where it was connected to the headset in order for the sound to work. Do you guys have any solutions? thank you.

Solution
My guess would be that you have loosened a wire internally probably by pulling on the cord rather than the connector. If it's under warranty report it. If you have the proper soldering skills and tools you may be able to re-connect the wires(s) but I doubt it. I would probably just get a new headset and be more careful about pulling on wires.

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
My guess would be that you have loosened a wire internally probably by pulling on the cord rather than the connector. If it's under warranty report it. If you have the proper soldering skills and tools you may be able to re-connect the wires(s) but I doubt it. I would probably just get a new headset and be more careful about pulling on wires.

Solution

InfinityBlaze

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012

thanks, i ordered a new one