could an amp improve my headphone's soundstage

dk3

Estimable
May 14, 2015
hi
i've bought a corsair h1500, i am noticing i can't hear some instruments. Actually only on one instance though, bought the thing for only a couple of days. i really can't tell you which it is(lows,mids or highs) cause i'm a noob with headphones. although tried equalizing with the driver softwere, can't even hear it, it gets close but just not exact.

then i compared my headphones frequencies with AKG 612 pro. saw that large difference on the sound frequency. then i realized mine probably can't even play that instrument.

so my question, can an AMP add those missing frequencies? or should i take a lesson from this & buy a better one next time?

my sound card is VIA audio HD
my headphone Corsair h1500 (A USB connected HEADPHONE)
& my speaker is a 5.1 (this is why i'm thinking my headphone can't produce certain instruments)

Solution
if you only had it for a few days... return the junk gaming headset and buy a decent pair of headphones.

all headphones should be able to play a sound for all instruments though they will sound very different and certain high or low notes may not be present. some headphones like the 612 are more articulate so will really bring out the detail while some will blend it all together. likewise if a song plays bass tones you will be able to hear them although if a headphone is not capable of extending very far into those tones you may only hear the mid bass portion and miss the low end. similar is true with treble.

an amp is not going to fix usb headphones nor would it fix them if they were 3.5mm. likewise having a 5.1 system has no bearing...
if you only had it for a few days... return the junk gaming headset and buy a decent pair of headphones.

all headphones should be able to play a sound for all instruments though they will sound very different and certain high or low notes may not be present. some headphones like the 612 are more articulate so will really bring out the detail while some will blend it all together. likewise if a song plays bass tones you will be able to hear them although if a headphone is not capable of extending very far into those tones you may only hear the mid bass portion and miss the low end. similar is true with treble.

an amp is not going to fix usb headphones nor would it fix them if they were 3.5mm. likewise having a 5.1 system has no bearing on using headphones.

Solution