Could it be a bad transformer?

Watt280

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
I have sc-ak640 540 watt Panasonic stereo system that I purchased off this seller about a month ago brand new which is rare to find conserding how old it is now. Anyways I begin to notice last week that the right speaker is weak while the left is stronger and basser, I already switch the wires to see if the left and right were wrong but still no difference. Could it be a fuse? Or power transformer. The warranty at this point is pretty much useless because it's from 10 years ago. Could someone please tell me what's wrong thank you and no rude answer.

If you connected the speaker that did not sound good to the wire that the good sounding one was connected and it still sounded bad then the speakers is bad. Woofer may not be working. Probably no replacement available after 10 years. Could be a bad component in the crossover of the speaker (if it has one).

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
Can't see it being a fuse as that would cut the channel out completely.
Very unlikely to be the power transformer as the same transformer supplies both left and right amplifiers.
Could possibly be a power supply capacitor as this could also affect the bass but wouldn't really affect the volume and would affect both channels.
Most likely would be an output transistor having blown as this could pull both bass and volume down and since in some designs these are wired in parallel then that channel would still work but on reduced power.