• Check out all the best Amazon Prime Day deals 2021 here!

Could laptops that supposedly have max ram capacity go over the max with this trick?

vergeth

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
I read this question and answer here - where someone asked if their HP Probook could handle more than the maximum memory - which according to HP is 4 GB (2 X 4GB) - here is the link that that question and answer http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3374302/probook-4530s-support-24gb-ram.html

I then came across this alternative answer to the same question provided by a user on the HP support site - which says that they are running 16GB - see https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Probook-4530s-with-16gb-RAM-causing-slow-startup-of/td-p/1496051

Have anyone here tried something similar? Could it work?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop Tech Support 2
TheWalkingDazz Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 6
sanctiezen Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 3
7malligk Laptop Tech Support 5
derbu Laptop Tech Support 0
Epic Creeper Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 23
M Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 14
E Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 6
I Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 3
V Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 11
Similar threads
Question Champmanager lagging on laptop
Question Having major issues with my laptop screen
Question Laptop restarts randomly only when I am using it, it works fine while the laptop is in idle state
Question Laptop keeps restarting after ram upgrade
Question Laptop Screen dosen't even turn on.
Question After unplugging the eGPU, my laptop begins to be buggy.
Question Connect two monitors to HP laptop
Question Whenever i play games, the laptop heats as usual but after that the battery says "Plugged in, not charging" This happens in my Lenovo Legion 7i.
Question My laptop fan is spinning faster than usual without any reasoning and I experience Explorer.exe blank error
Question Lenovo ideapad Gaming 3-15IMH05 Laptop 81Y400BRCC SSD upgradiblity?
Supposed to be solid laptop doesn't perform as expected
My laptop doesnot have a removeable battery what am I supposed to do about the black screen?
Does anyone know what you are supposed to 'open with' when you download cc onto your laptop before you add it into your game?
My laptop is not using the battery to boost gaming performance like it is supposed to
Solved! Is my Toshiba C55-B5270 laptop supposed to have a cpu fan?
My laptop's screen is supposed to be 1080p but it is 768p
My MSI Ge70 0NC/0ND laptop has no NVIDIA graphics card which it was supposed to have!
Are all 3 lights in the front of my vaio laptop supposed to be all on (steady no flashing) at the same time?
Are laptop batteries supposed to be a bit loose-fitting?
Solved! New supposed gaming laptop cant play a game in high??

ASK THE COMMUNITY