Couldn't find the spell checker option in Oppo A71, latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dastageer77

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
Hi! I recently bought an Oppo a71 and updated it to latest version. During the first few days, the spell checker was disabled and didn't underline any text. But some days later, all of a sudden, it started underlining the text. I wanted to disable the Spell checker. But I couldn't find the Spell checker option anywhere. Please help, it's so annoying :(

Solution
It sounds like that particular one you are using has it set up that way. You would have to then check if there is a way to not have it with that one. If not, you may want to consider a different keyboard.
Well it may not be spell checking that is causing the underlining. First, are you trying to turn this off in one app, or the whole phone? If it is just in one app, you need to go into that apps "Settings" and locate the option there.

If you are wanting to turn off spell checking for the whole device, no matter the app, then you should go into the phone's "Settings". Locate and tap "Language & input" and there should be a "Spell Checker" option in there.

dastageer77

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017

Well, I want to turn it off for the whole phone. Thing is, my android version is 7.1.1, and there is a Keyboards and Input option in my phone's settings, but there isn't any Spell Checker option in there. There are some other keyboard settings.

Here's a thing that I found out today. The red underlining is happening only when I'm using Gboard, and not when I'm using other keyboards like Google Indic or TouchPal. Does this mean therse's something wrong with Gboard?

dastageer77

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017

Well, I wanna turn it off for the whole phone. Thing is, my android version is 7.1.1 and there is a 'Keyboards and Input' option in my phone's settings. But there is no Spell Checker option in there. There are some other keyboard settings.

Here's a thing that I found out today. The red underlining only happens when I'm using Gboard and not any other keyboards like Google Indic or TouchPal. Does this mean there's something wrong with Gboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.