CPU drops to minimum when Notebook is plugged in

ReisFl

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
My intel i5 3210m in my Asus B43V drops instantly to minimum settings (multiplier 13x (13x ... 31x possible)) when plugged in. I have set power options to maximum, even used the same settings of battery mode (here, cpu works just fine), but nothing works, taking out the battery, too
...it`s really annoying!

ReisFl

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
Yes, it drops even under full load (cpuz- benchmark running). Graphic card (nvs5200), however, just works fine and doesn't throttle. BIOS is up to date, but there are no cpu -settings possible. The problem occurs in win 7 and win 10

Those are very good temps, so it's not that problem.

Go into power options in control panel, go to the power plan your currently running, go to "Change advanced power settings" then check the CPU processing states. What percentages is the minimum and maximum?

ReisFl

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
That's what i've already done. I even let windows show me every single cpu-setting possible (normally hidden) in the advanced power settings with cmd (i think about 20 cpu settings). I applied all those settings of the battery mode where everything works fine to the plugged-in mode, but it didn't change anything.
As you an see on the low temps an the Watt numbers when plugged in, some software or setting has to be blocking the cpu, but right now, i don't know what i can do yet. Maybe the PSU, but if it would be defect and provides to little power, wouldn't then the graphics be throttled too?