Cpu or the GPU wont max out

Milos_10

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
So im playin some LoL and im geting pretty low fps.
i have I3 3220 and RX460 and any of them max out.
Cpu sits on 40%
Gpu sits on 24%
FPS that im getting are from 80 to 130 at the most.
help pls.
P.S i have 6gb ram.

Solution

Well, first things first, the upgrade you made from the G630 to the 3220 isn't exactly a huge leap. The two biggest performance boosts are that you now have 4 threads, as opposed to 2 (won't help in league), and that you are running 3.3GHz as opposed to 2.7GHz (good, but that's the 15 to 20 FPS boost you're seeing).

Next, your 460 is only a bit better than the 750ti. Despite the 460 having the advantage on speed of various clocks, they bench out right around the same.

Now that all being said, my guess is that you aren't seeing full utilization because something is up with your...

kaptainkuftic

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
It could be a driver issue. hit start, type 'device manager', hit enter, and see if there are any icons with a yellow or red mark next to/on them.

Also, install display driver uninstaller, remove all graphics drivers, then install only the latest ones from AMD

kaptainkuftic

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016

Well, first things first, the upgrade you made from the G630 to the 3220 isn't exactly a huge leap. The two biggest performance boosts are that you now have 4 threads, as opposed to 2 (won't help in league), and that you are running 3.3GHz as opposed to 2.7GHz (good, but that's the 15 to 20 FPS boost you're seeing).

Next, your 460 is only a bit better than the 750ti. Despite the 460 having the advantage on speed of various clocks, they bench out right around the same.

Now that all being said, my guess is that you aren't seeing full utilization because something is up with your drivers, or your components are actually not being taxed that hard. Either way, it doesn't make a huge difference, because at 1240x1024, the max you should be able to get is 60, maybe. I would need to know what monitor you have. But unless you have a really high refresh rate, anything over 60fps isn't going to do anything for you.

Are you running the game at your monitors native resolution?

Solution