Solved! CPU upgrade HP pavilion g6-1331sa help wanted

Feb 6, 2021
Hi
I have a old 2011 HP Pavilion g6-1331sa notebook that runs very slow with Win 10 20H2. CPU being AMD a8-3520m 4 core 1.6-2.5ghz clock frequency, 35V, socket FS1, dia size 228mm code name Liano released 20 Dec 2012.
Want to look for a upgrade CPU that is compatible. Problem is finding one to fit the existing mother board. Physically the fit is FS1 and 228mm. So do I need to change the mother board to fit a faster CPU. Via www. techpower.com I looked at AMD a10-4600m 2.5-3.2ghz, released 2012 or AMD a10-5750m 2.5-3.5ghz, released 2013 but these have a die size is 246mm and socket is FS1r2 so I assume they Will Not fit. Is this correct.
Should also seek to change my mother board to use these faster CPU or is there another compatible AMD quad core 35v processor that I could use? Have updated BIOS recently. Any info please. Msinfo32. Ken post.

Solution
If you don't have an SSD, changing that will make a large improvement in performance--not so much in program execution but certainly in startup and program load. It will feel much more responsive. So will having 8G of memory. Unfortunately, you have a old machine that is well past its prime. All the support chips around the CPU are also older and slower than today's technology so just changing the CPU may not help a lot.
If you don't have an SSD, changing that will make a large improvement in performance--not so much in program execution but certainly in startup and program load. It will feel much more responsive. So will having 8G of memory. Unfortunately, you have a old machine that is well past its prime. All the support chips around the CPU are also older and slower than today's technology so just changing the CPU may not help a lot.

Solution