Solved! Cracked Samsung 60inch 4k UHDTV

yoooitsjoee3

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
I threw my ps4 controller at my tv like an idiot. (i know, please spare me here)

It cracked and from that point on no picture or sound.

The model series is UN60KU6300FXZA

I wanted to know if you guys think its worth fixing, i haven't gotten a price estimate yet but i've been told it'll cost about the same as getting a new tv.

I'd appreciate any advice, thankyou!

Solution
This is assuming you have the expertise needed to successfully fix the TV. 2 small screw up and you just wasted over $600. This would put you well over budget, as would a TV repair shop that's going to charge hourly labor. Total cost of parts and labor would get you a refurbished unit that costs more than one brand new.

Buy a new TV.

yoooitsjoee3

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
I bought it for 1k last year. Im thinking about just keeping the broken one and waiting for the price on the replacement to drop in the future. And just buying a new tv? Sound good?

DSzymborski

Distinguished

It's far more likely that the replacement part simply becomes much harder to find rather than dropping significantly in price.

If it's not worth fixing now, I doubt it'll ever become worth fixing in the future.

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
This is assuming you have the expertise needed to successfully fix the TV. 2 small screw up and you just wasted over $600. This would put you well over budget, as would a TV repair shop that's going to charge hourly labor. Total cost of parts and labor would get you a refurbished unit that costs more than one brand new.

Buy a new TV.

Solution

slyverine

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
buy a new TV and try to sell your broken one for spare parts to any shop that repairs TVs for like 100-200$ It may even be sold at ebay, as the motherboard may be ok, if you broke it as well...

yoooitsjoee3

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017

Well, i basically hit it on the middle top left of tv and everything went black and no sound came out ever again. I think i probably hit it.

slyverine

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016

HEADSHOT! :p