Crash windows 7 loading screen

ArthasEcho

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
Hey,

My laptop crash on windows 7 loading screen and then reboot. It seems like something is getting too hot and I think that's the gpu. I cleaned the laptop and added new thermal paste, but I still have the same issue. I'm wondering if the heatsink is broken ?

Bigj73nsb

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
Have you tried to run chkdsk to see if you might have a bad sector in your HD, or do a system restore?? You can also run startup repair if you have a corrupt bootup file, If that fails From safe mode go into your command prompt, open under administrator mode type bootrec.exe /FixMbr. No fix yet then from cmd type bootrec.exe /FixBoot . If still problems then type bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd in cmd

ArthasEcho

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
I tried to format the laptop with a fresh install of windows 7, but when the language screen appear the laptop crash. I mean with the xp cd ( like 8 bits color ) the laptop doesn't crash.

I touched the graphic card heatsink during the windows loading screen and it become really hot.

Bigj73nsb

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
Sorry for the delay, things in life came up... You said XP works fine on your laptop, but Win7 does not???? What are the sys specs for you pc??? My bad should of asked that right off that bat

ArthasEcho

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
I mean xp doesn't crash during the format process. You know the blue and yellow screen like 8bits colors, but during the installation the laptop crash.
I'm pretty sure the video card become too hot. However, I can't figure out why. Everything is clean.

Bigj73nsb

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
Ok boot into safe mode with networking and download GPUZ and use that to check your GPU temps. I doubt that your GPU temps are shutting your pc down before it even boots up, there has to be another issue

ArthasEcho

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
I'm back, sorry.

I can't run gpu-z or speedfan in safe mode.

The video card seems to overheating. However, it could be an issue with the card itseft, because the laptop crash when windows try to load video driver.