Creating a HOME MOVIE SERVER with iPad as remote control

mkhaliq

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
I want to run my TV and 5.1 sound system from a home movie server which I want to build from my old pc and be able to control it all from an iPAD i.e. using it as a remote. All in all I want to have a system to replica the control one has when on a plane!

What does my pc system need in terms of hardware and software to give me the best movie experience? No lagging or quality issues, only full HD theatre experience :)

I look forward to your expert advice! :)

I don't think you're going to get anything that can control a 5.1 surround sound system for you IPad that's like a universal remote control. As for everything else, just check the Apple Store for Remote Control software. You'll need a wireless network for your IPad to connect to as well as the remote control server software from Apple and the Remote Control App for your IPad.

Then, of course, you'll need some sort of media software installed on your media server or media extender to interface with your movie library. I just use Windows 7 Media Center, but you may be more interested in some other Linux based solution.

-Wolf sends