Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium DTS and Dolby Encoding issue

Solution
Did this happen right after the Anniversary update for Windows 10.

I have a titanium fatality(was on sale years back) and have used the mode swap trick to get sound working(sound plays and be recorded, but does not come from the speakers). I am on analog out and using a modified driver so it may be different. It did the same thing with Windows 8.

After every major update I just uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers do get it working again.

It may be worth checking to make sure your sound card is set as default(can be an issue with hdmi monitors/tv's becoming default.).

nukemaster

Distinguished
This is going to sound very strange but can you try something.

Change to another mode(entertainment, gaming or music creation.). Once those changes take place swap back to your normal mode. Have all software that uses the card to play sound closed

Try to play sounds and see if it works. If it does, place the computer in sleep mode for a few minutes and wake it up.

Please let me know if this helps.

Darksider13

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014

Hey Nuke,

Unfortunately that did not seem to work. I switched to Entertainment mode from Gaming Mode and waited for a bit. I sat and switched back to Gaming Mode. I tested it and no audio came out. I then let the computer sleep for a little over 5 minutes and still no audio :(

Thanks for your suggestion though!

nukemaster

Distinguished
Did this happen right after the Anniversary update for Windows 10.

I have a titanium fatality(was on sale years back) and have used the mode swap trick to get sound working(sound plays and be recorded, but does not come from the speakers). I am on analog out and using a modified driver so it may be different. It did the same thing with Windows 8.

After every major update I just uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers do get it working again.

It may be worth checking to make sure your sound card is set as default(can be an issue with hdmi monitors/tv's becoming default.).

Solution

Darksider13

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014

No, as a matter of fact everything was A-Okay after the anniversary update. This happened immediately after I ran driver verification in windows 10. I've never had this issue before with this sound card. It's frustrating because I see on the surround sound system right now that it's getting a Dolby Digital Live signal (the logo is lit up) but for some reason it's not putting audio out.

And as for the default situation, I have the speakers selected as the default output device. Is there any other way I could be having the Sound card be a default output?

UPDATE: So I've found out that the sound card is sending a signal to the surround sound system pre-converting any audio that is output to DTS BUT when I try to test it, the surround sound system does not receive any audio. I know this because the system just tried going into auto standby mode which only happens after 30 minutes of not receiving any audio to output. Which means that the surround system is receiving the encoding signal from the card but no audio is being forwarded to the actual system itself.

Darksider13

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
Update on the situation: I just did a complete uninstall of all Creative drivers and software from the computer. I even got Driver Sweeper and cleaned out all remaining Creative files/programs. Then I went into CCleaner and cleaned out the registry of any Creative registries.

I then installed Daniel K's driver pack that a lot of people mentioned worked. Lo-and-behold I am, yet again, in the same exact spot as I was before. I have no clue what in the world I am missing. Everything was working absolutely A+ at 4pm today, now I'm pretty much SOL unless anyone has any other solutions they've heard of or creative solutions they can think of.

nukemaster

Distinguished
I am sorry to say that I am out of other ideas. I use the Daniel_K drivers since they worked well on my old Audigy 2zs when creative removed all the features on Vista.

With analog out(i do not have a DTS/Dolby Digital receiver), so far it has worked fine on 10.

Sorry, I hope someone else has an idea. It may also be worth checking the creative forum since sometimes they are more active since more of the users have creative products.

Darksider13

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014

Your help was much appreciated, BUT I may have found another lead you may be able to help with. I noticed just when I was uninstalling my drivers again that in the SPDIF I/O tab in the Creative Audio Control Panel, there's a section that say "Digital Output PCM Sampling Rate". That was grayed out and blank. Could that be my cause? Since there's no defined PCM sampling rate and I'm encoding the signal to DTS and spitting it back out through the SPDIF Out, could the lack of a defined sampling rate prevent any output?

I tried an analog connection to the back of panel analog ports (where the "Speakers" device normally outputs to) and I was getting clear audio from my analog headset. I also was hearing clear audio from "What U Hear" while listening to the "Speakers" device and playing the audio back through a wireless headset. So the audio is coming out but for some reason it's just not coming out through the usual Surround Sound system.

Also, I guess I have NOT updated to the Win 10 Anniversary update. I thought I had. I've uninstalled my Sound Card and am updating now. Will reinstall sound card after update and will report back.

Darksider13

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
FINAL UPDATE: So after realizing I had NOT installed the Win 10 anniversary update, I decided to uninstall my sound card and all Creative software. I then cleared my registry from all references to Creative. Then I physically took the card out of my PC.

I then updated to the Win 10 anniversary update and reinstalled the card as if I just bought it brand new and had never installed it. After installing the Creative-Made win10 drivers and the DTS Connect pack, everything is working like a charm again. Not sure how the update helped but yeah, that seemed to fix it for me!