Cross monitor on flight simulator X?

xXCrossfireXx

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
When I asked for something I should do with my new PC, I got recommended a flight simulator. So I tried MicroSoft's Flight Sim. X.

The issue though is I hate having to switch between the engine and the cockpit view, it's impossible to fly straight. Luckily though I have two monitors. Can I put the throttle control on one and the cockpit view on the other, and if so how?

Solution
Open and play FSX as normal. See if you can open and drag other windows/views to the second monitor.

May or may not be viable. Or maybe some configuration in FSX to control. (Not able to check that right now.)

xXCrossfireXx

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016

I literally just explained in the thread, it's a pain switching back and forth trying to see if I'm flying straight or not.

xXCrossfireXx

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016

Thank you for not answering my question :)

And for the record, pilots don't have to press the arrow keys to move the position their heads are in

Will concede that.

The family joystick here (Logitech Extreme 3 Pro) has a little joystick on top that "moves the pilot's head". Bit spoiled I guess....

If your graphics card has two physical monitor ports and the drivers to support multiple screens (which by definition the graphics drivers should with multiple ports on the card) then you can plug in both monitors and set the GPU's control panel up for Extended Monitors.

Plug in the second monitor and right click an open area on your desktop. You should be presented with the appropriate screens to organize the displays; e.g., Display 1 and Display 2. The details depend on the GPU's Control Panel.

Work with it in Windows first to learn how it works then go into FSX and try there.

Then if the software permits you can drag the throttle view to whichever monitor you choose or otherwise configure the display presentation.

xXCrossfireXx

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016

I do know how to add the second monitor, the second monitor works great and is super handy when I'm doing something like hosting my Unturned server. My question is how do I use it on FSX?

xXCrossfireXx

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016

OK I'll give it a shot