Crysis 2 to Have 'Best Graphics You've Ever Seen'

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Three years since Crysis 1 was launched, and I still think it has the best video game graphics out there. Thats really saying something. I'm eager to see how much they raise the bar this time.

heroofspirits

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
wow these pictures look awesome!! wonder how much the graphics will have to be turned down so that the game plays on a console?
PC FTW!!!

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
it is a shame that since late 2007, no other company has pushed the limit...

On the other hand, lets hope for a better future

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Reminds me of when Donkey Kong Country came out for Super Nintendo... that was like "thee" best looking game. Squeezing everything out of it. Honestly, it would be cool to see more games pre-rendered like that. Killer Instinct was done in a similar fashion.

aethm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I have HUGE doubts that those screen-shots will be even close on the PS3 and Xbox. Unless the cry-engine 3 is magic?

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]builderbobftw[/nom]It's gonna be the same Fry Cry 2 thing. The game will play better, look better on PC.[/citation]
Fry Cry? I know know such thing! :lol:

Anyways, agreed. At any rate, I'd like to see what the console kiddies say about their "awesome" graphics on their PS3s,etc.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
If they really want to impress me, they'll have to create the best graphics I've seen AND keep the requirements from reaching absurd levels. The source engine looks spectacular compared to the system requirements.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Crysis 2 to Have 'Best Graphics You've Ever Seen'

nice!

But I hope I will not need the "best grapic card I can never aford to enjoy the beauty!....>_<

heard its min. is more friendly.. but how about the requirement to see the max on 1900x1200? 5970 CF?...;P

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
I wonder exactly what got cut out to make it run on the consoles. Must be running a quarter of the texture size of the pc ver. No AA, less shadows. But, I seen a video on youtube of it running on the console and it looks pretty good. So, if they made it look that good on the console I can only imagine what it's gonna look like on the pc. Especially in 3d. Can't wait.

Hopefully it's Really free roam this time.

I wonder if you can just hop in any car like GTA. That would be so dope. Especially if you can still fly vehicles and stuff.

More details please.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Finally, a use for our 5970s, for those of us too poor to afford the displays for Eyefinity! (since we spent all our money on the cards...)

Seriously, PS3 and 360 games look more and more like Wii games every passing day, compared to what I'm seeing on the PC.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
[citation][nom]aethm[/nom]I have HUGE doubts that those screen-shots will be even close on the PS3 and Xbox. Unless the cry-engine 3 is magic?[/citation]

Did you bother to read the article?

"there's no doubt that those wanting the experiences that best match the pictures below will need to be playing on PC."

The only thing magical is reading.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
To be honest I beg to differ, the screenshots on this page certainly look good, but if the graphics are going to look no better than these screenshots, then I don't think there is much improvement, probably some tweaks, definitely big coding optimizations, but overall I don't think this "cinematic" concept has evolved much in the last five years.

Compare these screenshots to playing Crysis in Very High settings with AA on. Is there anything to really be that enthusiastic about ?

In my opinion consoles are holding back game studios in developing truly "life-like" graphics instead of just cinematic. I mean, the Xbox and the PS3 both have DX9c GPU's. The GPU on the PS3 is a modified 7900GTX. Remember that an 8800GTX than came after it was faster than two 7900GTX's together.

Whyis Crysis famous until this very day ? Because it pushed the envelope. You still have to buy the most expensive graphics card setup if you want ot make it look at its best at max resolution and AA. Thtat is what drives progress.

Sure, console owners will appreciate the effort and we all appreciate the code optimizations, but if adding to that we don't get another push forward, we. the PC users will continue waiting for these two consoles with their meager 512MB of Ram amd DX9 GPU's (notwithstanding powerful CPU's, but there is only so much they can do to improve graphics) to fade away and a new console launch.

G

I would love to look at all the great pics of crysis 2 but your image gallery is freaking terrible. I cant even open the pics in new tabs... and on top of it the full version pops in a new freaking window...

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]pharge[/nom]Crysis 2 to Have 'Best Graphics You've Ever Seen'nice!But I hope I will not need the "best grapic card I can never aford to enjoy the beauty!....>_<heard its min. is more friendly.. but how about the requirement to see the max on 1900x1200? 5970 CF?...;P...[/citation]

How about... Not available yet? :p

Thing is, just like Intel says it's staying ahead of software with their hardware, once again, Crytek should not be afraid to stay ahead of Hardware with software.

As long as it doesn't look downright ugly with current, there should be no problem with even a 5970 not being able to max it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.