Crysis 3 ULTRA

motorclub

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
Hello, i was looking for a good future proof laptop that will serve me for quite a while as i will be using it mainly for gaming
My requirements are:
1.Must run Crysis 3 @ ultra 60fps+
2.(optional)Must be stylish
Price doesnt matter.
Thanks.
I was looking at the Alienware M18x and it seemed pretty solid.

ibshortkid94

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
Honestly, unless portability is a must (which is barely true with such a beast of a laptop), I would reccomend building a desktop for gaming. You can fit more powerful hardware into them, you can swap out outdated parts later on when you see fit, they are more customizeable, and you get much more bang for the buck. In addition, alienware is quite overpriced for what you get. As far as the computer being "future-proof", that is not possible. I know first hand that you can spend thousands of dollars on a top-of-the-line computer and find that in a few years it is outdated. Because of their modular nature, desktops tend to last longer.

This of course is just helpful advice. From what I've read, that laptop would run crysis 3 at 60 fps so that would work if you absolutely need a laptop for gaming.

motorclub

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
Portability is a must because im travelling a lot. Also i have a desktop which i use for programmes mostly so i need something to game on.

ibshortkid94

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012

Just so that you know, most gaming laptops dont have great battery life. Whenever you are playing games just be sure to plug in. Otherwise, you would probably want to stick to less demanding activities and switch to power save mode when you are not.