Csrss Virus problem

Rkleib

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
Okay, so in task manager>Process tab I found 4 csrss.exe process and each take 20%+ cpu. So my cpu is bottlenecking.

I found out in some websites that to get rid of the virus is to end process the csrss via task manager. If no prompt than it really is a virus. And yes no prompt on mine.

Then I go to regedit, but every time The registry editor opened my pc restart itself (not turned off suddenly. But like restarting from the power menu).

So I go to safe mode and i can open regedit without problem. But I'm not found the csrss file so I close it and found out that I'm looking in the wrong directory.

But when I want to run the regedit again there's a prompt saying "registry edit is disabled by admin". I have disabled the prevent access to regedit from gpedit no luck, and I tried from cmd using this command

reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /t Reg_dword /v DisableRegistryTools /f /d 0

But my cmd show this again "registry edit is disabled by admin"

For now my only choice is clean instal windows. And I'm doing it now.

The question is what should I do if my pc exposed to this virus again? And what antivirus that can blocked this virus.

Thanks

Solution
Dont go to shady parts of the internet and run a paid version of kaspersky or bitdefender. You can find either of these on amazon/newegg for $20-25 if you watch for deals.

Rkleib

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

Okay thanks.

Rkleib

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

I know it's a windows system file. but the virus can disguise itself as csrss.exe just look it up.
I only edit the things I know and if I don't know I'll ask. I'll not developed if I just stay out of something :D