Question Curious about logic board damage from a battery fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2019
Hello everyone, I’m interested in this iPhone 7 Plus I scored really cheap. I got it for cheap because someone who didn’t know what they were doing tried replacing the battery by prying it out instead of removing the Taptic Engine and pulling out the adhesive. I’m sure you can guess what happened.

The bulk of the fire damage happened over the connectors where the screen and home button flex cables connect to the logic board.

Anyway the phone works almost perfectly, amazingly enough, except for a shadow on one side of the screen that’s only really noticeable one corner. I cleaned the contacts really well and the shadow is still there which means something is damaged. I’m wondering what component is damaged and if it can be replaced.

I’d like to sell the phone for a profit, and once I replace the loudspeaker there will be very little cosmetic damage inside the phone and none on the outside. I know I can still sell it with the shadow on the screen, but that’s gonna reduce the price significantly.

Mar 14, 2019
That’s some tasty copypasta, but it has nothing to do with my issue. I don’t care about Apple intrigue. I like their devices because they’re standardized which is nice from a tech’s perspective. Unlike Android devices with all their different makes and models and parts, Apple’s stuff is simple to work on and easy to find parts for.

I don’t care what kind of software issues the newer iPhones are experiencing. This is irrelevant to my issue. Now, do you have any ideas about what replaceable parts might solve the issue of the shadow on the screen?

Reactions: wallacium
Status
Not open for further replies.