Cursor floating uncontrolably

Jean DIti

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
Hello.
I have a new Lenovo Flex 3 that has touchscreen, ability to have keyboard folded back to use it as a tablet, and it functions as a regular laptop.
The problem I have is that quite often, the cursor floats around and it is close to impossible to control and therefore, I cannot click on anything - unless I spend about 5 minutes trying to control it to stop on the place where I need to click. It drives me crazy sometimes. It has been suggested that the computer does not have enough RAM - but why would a new laptop be sold without enough RAM for basic functions? Is there anything that you guys can suggest?

Thanks.

Solution
If that doesn't work you could try uninstalling the driver(s) for it. Rebooting the computer and then when it starts up again it should reinstall the driver for you.

Jean DIti

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016

It's with the touchpad AND when I use a remote mouse - same issue. Mostly when I have the app Zoom open, but it happens other times too. Sometimes it is worse than others.

Thanks. I've been there a couple of times and made a couple of changes. It doesn't seem to make much difference what I do, although I wasn't able to locate a place to actually "recalibrate". or "configure" as such other than change the speed of the mouse etc.