Cutting The Cable

MrSteve13

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
Hi everyone!
I'm cutting the cable. I have a location set for a modem (that I'll get from AT&T) and my NetGear router. I have a Vizio smart TV, LG HDTV (that a new FireStick will be installed in), HDTV antenna in the attic that connects to the 2 TV's by coax, RG6 quad core coax that connects the modem to the outside service box, older Bose home theater sound system (2 basic speakers and the sub) and a 6-device AV switch box. Do I have to have a receiver? Right now (with a cable) I don't have sound system sound when using the Vizio TV only. I have it hooked up so I have Bose sound when watching cable. Is it possible (how do I connect it) to use the Bose for all viewing without buying a receiver? Also, do I have to use AT&T's modem or can I purchase my own? I'm in Daytona Beach and want to kick Spectrum OUT of my home. One other ?, Is AT&T the best alternative for internet? Steve

Solution
No reason you need a receiver so long as you connect the audio output of the TV (instead of the cable box) to the Bose.
If the Bose has optical input then use it.
If the Bose only has analog inputs then you would need an optical to analog converter if the TV doesn't have headphone or analog audio output
Can't help with your other questions.
No reason you need a receiver so long as you connect the audio output of the TV (instead of the cable box) to the Bose.
If the Bose has optical input then use it.
If the Bose only has analog inputs then you would need an optical to analog converter if the TV doesn't have headphone or analog audio output
Can't help with your other questions.

Solution

MrSteve13

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017