Vinson Cai

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
I have a D3200 body with a kit lens + a 70-300mm lens that I bought. I'm after a fisheye lens. I'm currently looking at the AF Fisheye Nikkor 10.5mm 1:2.8 G ED DX Lens. I've read a few reviews and it seems to be quite decent. However, I've had bad experiences of buying incompatible lens filters so I just need some sort of comfirmation that the lens and the body is compatible.
I'm buying it from an Ebay auction (probably, after I work to get the money), but Tom's prohibits links to Ebay auctions.

Solution
Your AF Fisheye Nikkor 10.5mm 1:2.8 G ED DX Lens will be able to stick it on your D3200 and you can take picture. However it will NOT auto focus.
Nikon have two types of lenses AF & AF-S
AF is used for upper class of DSLR which have built in motor so AF will focus on them. For DSLRs D3200, D5000 and so on, only AF-S lenses will auto focus, or else you'll just have to manually focus. Which is not a big deal actually, enjoy your fish eye!

You may also look at Samyang fish eye lenses for Nikon if you interested in cheaper alternative.

//By the way, I'm a Canon user, so most of these knowledge are based on my memory of reading online articles and threads.

Cheers
All Nikkor lenses are manufactured by Nikon for Nikon D-SLR cameras or cameras from other manufacturers licenced to use a Nikon mount.

The lens mount on a Canon D-SLR is not compatible with Nikkor lenses, they won't fit without a third-party adapter ring interposed between the lens and the camera lens mount.

Google Search will assist in finding a suitable one.

Vinson Cai

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

Uh, the D3200 is a nikon body... so I think you've confused the d3200 for another canon model. Yeah so the D3200 is from nikon, but I'm just unsure of the mount between the lens and the D3200.

Maxert

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Your AF Fisheye Nikkor 10.5mm 1:2.8 G ED DX Lens will be able to stick it on your D3200 and you can take picture. However it will NOT auto focus.
Nikon have two types of lenses AF & AF-S
AF is used for upper class of DSLR which have built in motor so AF will focus on them. For DSLRs D3200, D5000 and so on, only AF-S lenses will auto focus, or else you'll just have to manually focus. Which is not a big deal actually, enjoy your fish eye!

You may also look at Samyang fish eye lenses for Nikon if you interested in cheaper alternative.

//By the way, I'm a Canon user, so most of these knowledge are based on my memory of reading online articles and threads.

Cheers

Solution