Damaged netbook motherboard, can it be used?

George Lazu

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014
Hey, i just found an old netbook motherboard, it's a little damaged, the wires connecting to screen [ which is broken ] are disconnected, also, the wifi adapter is unplugged and the VGA port does not work [ tested on two monitors, i think the video card is not working ].

When i power it on the fan starts at full speed and i can feel the HDD vibrating [ also the HDD led is on ], after 3 seconds the fan stops and the HDD led blinks twice, and it stops vibrating.

How can i get this motherboard working without being able to see anything? I want to turn it into a home server or seedbox, install ubuntu on it and use remote desktop to perform any tasks.

Solution
No you can not install windows on a computer and then move it to a different computer unless those two computers are exactly identical.

How do you expect to setup the accessibility options if you cant even get windows installed?
And lets say you used a tutorial and keyboard only to get windows installed, and you enabled the voice assist feature, the feature is for people that dont see well, not completely blind. What are you going to do, move your mouse for 2 hours until you happen to be on the button icon you want?

George Lazu

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014

Both cable and screen is broken.

George Lazu

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014

The thing is that my video card is broken, since when connecting broken LCD screen, instead of seeing any light, it doesn't power up at all.

Can't i use accessibility options for blind people? [ voice ] I heard there is a windows setup that has this thing. Or can't i install windows on the HDD in my computer, and then connect the HDD to the motherboard?

No you can not install windows on a computer and then move it to a different computer unless those two computers are exactly identical.

How do you expect to setup the accessibility options if you cant even get windows installed?
And lets say you used a tutorial and keyboard only to get windows installed, and you enabled the voice assist feature, the feature is for people that dont see well, not completely blind. What are you going to do, move your mouse for 2 hours until you happen to be on the button icon you want?

Solution

George Lazu

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014

I suppose you're right.