Solved! dark spots on my laptop screen that are growing in size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2018
I have a toshiba tecra A50, just a few days ago some dark spots suddenly appeared on my screen. the spots seem to be increasing in size. I had previously done a system reset to clear some viruses that had invaded by browsers. Could that be related?

Solution
Yes it could be virus or malware related. A reset, unless it was a full hard reset (which removes all data and saves none) can leave things on the device still. I would suggest some good deep scans for malware, viruses, spyware, trojans, etc.

If all of that comes up fine, then I would either contact the manufacturer (if the device is under warranty) or take it to a local tech to have the display replaced.
Yes it could be virus or malware related. A reset, unless it was a full hard reset (which removes all data and saves none) can leave things on the device still. I would suggest some good deep scans for malware, viruses, spyware, trojans, etc.

If all of that comes up fine, then I would either contact the manufacturer (if the device is under warranty) or take it to a local tech to have the display replaced.

Solution
Aug 24, 2018

Did you find out what dark spot on your screen was? I have a mark on my screen that seems to be getting bigger. It looked in the
beginning like a small ant had gotten under my stuck under my screen. It now has grown 3x the small ant into a little black blotch.
Was yours a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.