Data recovery (different files than usual)

Status
Not open for further replies.

straight12

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014
Hello, I just want to ask, if there is an application which can recover different types of files? Specially I need to recover the format w3g (replay from the game Warcraft III). I was about to make a gaming movie. Recently I formatted/deleted most files and apps in my C disc and forgot to save the w3g files. I will appreciate any help from you. Thanks.

ResIpsaLoquitur

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011

I searched around for a few hours trying to find a FREE program to undelete the files on my SD card. After trying what seemed like 20 or so programs, none of which were truly free even though they said they were (some just limited the amount of files you could recover), I found one that truly was FREEWARE, and did NOT limit the amount of files I could recover. With TESTDISK I was able to quickly find videos and pictures that had been delete and undelete them. The program is not as user friendly as you would expect, but then the programer is doing it for free and accepting donations if you like it.

TestDisk can:
Fix partition table, recover deleted partition
Recover FAT32 boot sector from its backup
Rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 boot sector
Fix FAT tables
Rebuild NTFS boot sector
Recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
Fix MFT using MFT mirror
Locate ext2/ext3/ext4 Backup SuperBlock
Undelete files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 filesystem
Copy files from deleted FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions.

straight12

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014
Really thanks for your time and advices guys. I´ve tried couple of programmes which you recommended but the results were the same in each of them (I got my files back but nearly all of them can´t be loaded anymore in W3). They probably got damaged when i formatted my PC. So can these files be repaired somehow? Or Is it a fault of the recovery programmes?

pran105

Honorable
Feb 13, 2015

I bought Easeus Data Recovery and it did a poor job of recovering pdf files. jpgs OK..and expect to do a deep scan for better recovery and more files detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.