Dead motherboard reason for failed boot up?

chartile

Estimable
Jun 23, 2015
I have an HP Pavilion dv6 3033-sa with a broken battery and it won't boot up. The problem persisted for at least 6 months now. Before it would boot up after reseating the ram or holding the power button for a minute.

After a while, we sent it to the repair shop but they said that the problem was only the fan. It worked for 1 week before failing to boot again.

Fast forward today, my father thought it was the ram stick and bought a new one. It worked for 4 days before failing to boot again.

When I turn it on, I can hear the fans spinning, and the led lights are working. The usb ports work as well, but it won't boot up. The caps lock blinks every 3 seconds, sometimes it glows continuously. Based on hp's support, it could be the motherboard and the battery? Also, if it does open, the wifi led will turn on.

I'm not sure which is the problem, if it's the battery, or the motherboard? Which do you think is the one causing it to fail to boot to the bios? Please help, I'd like to know if this is still worth fixing or if it's better to get a new one.

Solution
The DV6 is 6 years old now, and has been known to have issues with the motherboard, nVidia video cards on them in particular. Not really worth fixing. You can replace it with a used working model for about $200.