Decent microphone for headphones.

BlueMihai

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
I already asked this on these forums once but I did not get the answer I was looking for and the thread kind of died, mods please don´t kill me ;_;
Hey, I am looking for a decent microphone to use with my DT-770´s. I have a Xonar D1 soundcard.
Features I would like, but I suspect I might need to make compromises, choices are nice :)
-Low price - hoping for something priced similarily or below the modmic.
-Backround elimination or something that won´t pick up all the sounds from my apartment.
-Sound quality (duhh)
- Aesthetics (prefer a clean look)

Solution
are you wanting it to be an attachment style boom mic like the modmic? if so then you really do not have many good solutions which are as easy and reasonably priced as the modmic. the moovmic is cheaper (though sound quality is not as good) and the zalman clip on is very cheap (but only has acceptable quality at best). the modmic is going to be the easiest to use with pretty good audio quality.

if you wanted a desk mic, i'd look at the atr2500. its a bit more than the modmic ($65 vs $50) but will have good quality for the money spent. it is basically very similar to the much more expensive at2020usb though only about 80% as good (and lower priced as well). another option is the blue snowball which works out well though some users...

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
are you wanting it to be an attachment style boom mic like the modmic? if so then you really do not have many good solutions which are as easy and reasonably priced as the modmic. the moovmic is cheaper (though sound quality is not as good) and the zalman clip on is very cheap (but only has acceptable quality at best). the modmic is going to be the easiest to use with pretty good audio quality.

if you wanted a desk mic, i'd look at the atr2500. its a bit more than the modmic ($65 vs $50) but will have good quality for the money spent. it is basically very similar to the much more expensive at2020usb though only about 80% as good (and lower priced as well). another option is the blue snowball which works out well though some users complain the mic volume is a bit low.

Solution

BlueMihai

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015

Didn´t even think of anything like that, this will be my temporary solution, thanks!

I searched the internet and found atr2500´s price ranging from 50€ to 200€, I will pick it up when I can, a bit expensive, but I assume that there won´t be a need to replace it anytime soon after getting it.