I re-installed Windows 7 on my Samsung Chronos 7 laptop because it keeps powering off and blue screening during start up. If I disable the ATI driver it works fine but the standard VGA driver will not give me anything but 800x600 and 1024x768 nor will it drive an external monitor.
I have a new laptop on order but meanwhile I'm looking at a blurry, stretched out display.
Anyone have an idea how to salvage this laptop? I don't need any high performance graphics - just the native resolution (1600x900) of the panel would be nice.
Have you tried doing a clean install of the NVIDIA driver? Have this a go and see if this will help in resolving the issue.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the driver from there.
- Open Programs and Features and make sure anything related to NVIDIA graphics will be uninstalled as well.
- Download and install the driver from NVIDIA support site.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Reboot the PC after the installation then observe it.