Dedicated gpu problems

b0xyyy

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
Hello, i just switched laptops with my gf, and i have a problem. The laptop is Acer Aspire v5-561G.
Intel i5 4200u
Amd r7 m265
6gb RAM

So the problem is poor performance. Everything uses integrated graphics, i can barely even get 60 fps on csgo, lowest settings, very low resolution. I tried updating the drivers, but the screen just goes black. I tried gpu-z, it shows that the gpu is running at 0mhz, everything is at zero. It was win8, now i did a clean install of win10, tried downloading drivers and the screen just goes black again, also, when i tried copying gpu info from gpu-z, it said that my bios doesnt support this gpu, then i tried updating bios but it kept giving me errors.. what should i do/check? I tried switching to high performance on amd control panel and all that stuff.

Diddly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006

Get all the drivers from Acer for the Aspire v5-561G, put them on a USB stick - don't try and use ones from other websites (yet). Do a clean windiws install then install the drivers from Acer, starting with the chipset etc. Create restore points between installations. Then if that's ok, try updating drivers one at a time with more recent drivers. update the GFX driver last.

b0xyyy

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017

is this my pc's fault or amd? Also, i dont see any chipset drivers on acers webpage..
These are the only drivers..- http://prntscr.com/hnyfzj