Delay before audio and video play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm using Windows 8.1. The videos and audio playback in my laptop doesn't play immediately, either online or offline. For example when I play a video, it will not play immediately and after about 3-5 seconds it will. Same with audio, that's why even just changing the volume in windows (which cause a "asterisk" windows sound to play) cause a lag in my volume mixer as it doesn't play the sound. It's also the same when I jump time in playing an audio or video. After I play a video or audio continuously the problem temporarily dissapear.

In online media, like Youtube, the play head will remain in 0sec then play, sometimes message like "restart your device if it doesn't play" (something like that) appears, but it will still play.

The only special thing that I did is adding a new windows theme sound through registry, and I already uninstalled it. I'm gonna clear and try to repair my registry now, but I still hope to receive any solution as it might not work.

It's really a bother to play audio and video like this, and I still can't understand how adding theme sounds cause this kind of problem (if it's really that cause). I also don't think it's cause of driver problem, because I've just encounter this problem now.

I'm not knowledgeable in programming or any IT knowledge, so I hope you can help me.

G

UPDATE:
K-Lite Codec has no effect, I don't think codec are the issues, if it is, then I should've have this problem since a long timeago.
Tried to repair registry using CCleaner but no effect, I don't think my installment of sound them has anything to do with it.
Still thanks for help sir RARRAF.
I hope somebody will help me again please~

G

It's really hard to seek a solution in the internet. My bad for expecting something. I honestly thought this website will help me a lot, but now that I noticed, I never really found a decent solution for all the problems I posted and searched here.

Status
Not open for further replies.