Dell 5559 flashing lights

Solution
fagetti at your service :D First time in my life laptop flash codes actually told something useful, in step 12 indeed is LCD connector. I was worried that you used something metal to unplug connectors and destroyed motherboard while doing it
Mar 10, 2018
It's a dell inspiron 15 5559 and the power jacl needed replacing because it wouldnt charge. I took it apart and replaced the jack with a new one and i get these flashing lights. So somethings wrong here

Mar 10, 2018
No i unfortunately do not have a multimeter at hand, but i checked the replacement and though they are of different make they look almost exactly the same and match. They are AAL20
DC IN CABLE
DC30100VV00

Wish i could check the voltage for the replacement. Ill try to get a multimeter

Mar 10, 2018
Now what do you mean about reseat ram?

I took it apart again and did it correct again. I will try swapping back the old part and see what happens. But still i get the same problem. the flashing two orange seven white.

If i boot it with the power cable in only. Which when it is in just brightly shines white and doesnt alter and blink on and off in relaxing waves when functioning properly. But then when booting up the flashing comes back.
Two orange seven white. And no dell on screen...

Mar 10, 2018
No point really. Its broken anyway.
So no power will come through and the battery is too dead by now to go into f2 set up mode or anything.
I just want to find out what the flashing lights mean.

Mar 10, 2018
Ah. This article was interesting. Gaud. Lcd failure!? Im worrued about some minisule imaginary part that may or may have disconnected a ribbon or other but i dont think so. I'm pretty sure everything is where i left it. All i had to do was open her up gently with taking out a few screws, and a bit of prying and taking stuff out.

I'll take another look. And ill study that youtube vid i used as a tutorial. Have you seen it? Im sure it was foolish to use that. Ill look for alternative tutorials and compare. And ill try and devise what is wrong.

When i plug in the power the light is a steady white, so maybe the battery will charge. And when i turn on the laptop maybe the flashing is because of a disconnect of the screen or something.... I really dont know why.

Mar 10, 2018
Ah so i put in an hdmi and i found the computer is actually working. As shown on the tv, i saw the dell logo. So i fixed the power jack but must of disconnecter the screen or lcd or whatever it is that has turned my screen black.

Mar 10, 2018
Ok i fixed it!

Im retarded!

I took it back apart one last time. Im not even sure which piece was disconnected precisely, but i jist went through disconnecting pieces and put it back together agaon finding it to work fully functional. It wasnt the power jack replacements fault but my own. I went through the steps in this tut: https://www.parts-people.com/blog/2016/03/01/dell-inspiron-15-5559-p51f-004-dc-jack-removal-installation/

And i think i made sure to connect the piece in the tutorial step 12 picture 1. The piece is highlighted.

Shiiit what a scare. Thanks for your help fagatron

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
fagetti at your service :D First time in my life laptop flash codes actually told something useful, in step 12 indeed is LCD connector. I was worried that you used something metal to unplug connectors and destroyed motherboard while doing it

Solution